On March 1, 1906, one of Wesleyan University’s two original buildings was destroyed by fire. North College was built in 1825, before Wesleyan’s founding. In 1906 it was used for student housing and offices; 85 students were displaced by the fire.
Oddities and Novelties. … “An armless boy of Middletown, Conn., named William Mylchreet, has completed the painting of a wagon. His feet did the work.”– From the Newton Daily Republican (Newton, Kansas), Mar. 1, 1894.