Middletown, Conn., April 19 (UP)–Four children ranging in age from one month to four years died Friday night in a flash hire which swept their third-floor tenement.
Mrs. Margaret Davis, 25, mother of the children, was hospitalized for shock and burns inflicted when she tried to rescue the children.
Fire officials said the blaze apparently broke out in the kitchen stove and was caused by a defective oil burner.
The dead children were Janice, 4, Bryant, 2, Sally, 1, and Wendy, one month. Their bodies were found close together in a bedroom.